3G & 3.5G Explained
3G systems and services are making a significant impact on the mobile communications industry by providing an enhanced user experience.
This highly interactive 3G & 3.5G Explained training course offers an excellent grounding for those who need to understand the scope, implementation options, business drivers and rollout strategies for 3G.
This course covers 3G technologies such as W-CDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, cmda2000, IP and IMS, as well as services and applications in just 2 highly focused days training. This course also now includes an Long Term Evolution (LTE) update.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this highly interactive 2-day course and you will:
- Understand the requirements for 3G networks, chart migration strategies (incl. radio and core networks requirements and the evolution to all IP networks) and discuss how these are being met in practice and their likely success
- Gain an understanding of IMS including its benefits, features and potential services
- Draw a simplified schematic diagram showing the network and service architecture of the evolving 3G system
- Learn the principals and capabilities of CDMA technology and how these are applied to the radio interface used UMTS and cmda2000 networks
- Be able to compare its suitability against alternative access schemes (i.e. WiFi and WiMAX) for specific applications
- Discuss the issues relating to planning 3G radio networks
- Discover the likely role of 3G in the converging world of telecoms
- Describe the effect on the user experience that the evolution from 2G to 2.5G to 3G will have including the requirements of 3G handsets.
- Evolution of 3G
- Services Overview
- The Network Infrastructure
- 3G Radio Access
- The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- Procedures – Bringing it all together
- LTE Update
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course would benefit anyone looking for a thorough grounding in 3G and 3.5G technologies, including technology choices and migration paths. Previous delegates have worked for leading operators, vendors and regulators across the world.
A basic understanding of telecommunications would be advantageous but is not essential.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144