Firstly, a comprehensive helicopter view of LTE is presented in order to provide context for the topics covered as the course progresses. The capabilities and limitation of LTE are examined as well as the overall business implications of LTE deployment (in the light of the evolution of mobile broadband).
The radio interface is based on OFDMA and supports advanced features such as MIMO and interference management. These concepts are explained, as well as related topics such as spectrum usage and deployment. The architecture of release 8 LTE network (SAE) is explained and the functions of each network node, MME S-GW, P-GW, eNB and interfaces X2 and S1 are discussed. The Evolved Packet Core (EPC) concepts and implementation issues are developed to ensure a comprehensive understanding of basic operation, roaming and interworking with 3GPP and non-3GPP systems.
LTE service provision, including voice options and VoLTE, is discussed and used to tie together the capabilities and procedures required of both the radio and core network components. Throughout, typical procedures are used to consolidate overall understanding of LTE.
Why should you attend this course?
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of LTE technology and LTE network operations and the impact that LTE deployments have on the operator
- Gain an insight into the OFDMA radio interface, understand its basic operation, benefits and limitations.
- Analyse the network architecture, the functions of the network nodes, the protocol s and operation of the system interfaces.
- Determine best strategic approach for LTE implementation , taking in to account existing mobile broadband technologies and spectrum issues.
- Focus on the capabilities and requirements of LTE in respect of service delivery.
- Appreciate the different options for voice support in LTE, including CS-Fallback and VoLTE.
- Gain a thorough “big picture” understanding of all elements of LTE and SAE/EPC
- Gain access to the latest research from Informa Telecoms and Media analysts regarding the current status of the LTE market and current deployments.
- Build confidence to make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.
- LTE Overview
- The need for LTE & Market Dymanics
- LTE Radio Interface
- Service Architecture Evolution & EPC
- Service Provision in LTE
- 4G – LTE Advanced and beyond
- LTE Deployment