Backhaul for HSPA and LTE Networks
Mobile network operators are providing ever-increasing data connection rates and supporting more complex and data hungry applications as they compete to maximise both revenues and profits. Providing cost-effective solutions for transporting high speed data requires both an efficient radio interface (such as HSPA, HSPA+, or LTE) and an effective and well-planned backhaul network. This 2 day programme covers in detail the requirements, technology options, and implementation strategies for next generation backhaul solutions, including the overall effect on customer experience, competitive advantage and service proposition of HSPA and LTE networks.
The expected data rates from 3G/4G base station nodes are used as a basis to assess requirements, along with a discussion of issues surrounding reliability, redundancy, planning considerations, scalability, and very importantly, cost. The different technology options are discussed and compared, followed by an examination of implementation strategies and the roll-out of different single technology and hybrid solutions. Radio, fibre and copper solutions are all highlighted, together with the relative merits and limitations of each. Radio and fibre solutions in particular then looked at in detail.
Throughout the course the theory is supported with relevant, practical scenarios to reinforce the major topics.
Why should you attend this course?
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- List and highlight the major requirements of a modern backhaul network
- Identify the major growth requirements that are forecast for backhaul networks in the next 2-5 years
- Draw typical architectures for backhaul systems
- List the performance expectations of HSPA and LTE base stations
- Discuss the various technology options and performance figures for equipment used in broadband wireless backhaul networks
- Discuss the methods for providing reliability and redundancy
- Compare relative costs associated with the different technology choices
- Create a time-line and basic plan for implementation of an efficient and scalable backhaul network
- Effectively monitor backhaul network usage and demand, and plan / scale capacity appropriately
- Contribute to the selection of appropriate planning tools used to plan radio links for the backhaul
- Introduction to the Backhaul Network
- eNB, NB Performance for HSPA, HPSA+ and LTE
- Physical Layer Options
- Next Generation Backhaul Transport Technologies
- Reliability & Redundancy
- Backhaul Implementation Options
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel:+44 020 7017 4144