Broadband & Convergence – Services & Technology
Operators have focused on maximising revenues and profits from traditional telco services, based on well-known technologies that have developed and evolved over many years. However, new technologies are rapidly changing the business and strategic landscape, leading operators and their competitors to redefine the customer proposition. This in turn has massively disrupted the competitive landscape, leading to additional risk and greater uncertainty.
The long-term roll of the operator is being redefined and re-focused, and many are now adopting a clearer strategy around convergence – offering a mix of service types in a comprehensive package that uses fixed and mobile broadband, as well as a greater focus on content, to underpin the customer proposition.
In this programme we explore fixed broadband and how it can be deployed in order to support the business, including technologies, capabilities & limitations, and relative costs. We develop a thorough understanding of broadband technology – including capabilities, limitations, major features, and deployment options.
This programme also looks at the major technology trends that are shaping the telecoms environment, including the use of IP technology; the introduction and deployment of LTE; advances in Fixed Line technology; convergence; and the latest trends in both network infrastructure and service delivery (such as NFV and over-the-top service delivery).
The interactive sessions focus on the role of technology and highlight the key enablers for success. Data from the Informa Telecoms Research Team is used to back-up ideas and discussions. Case studies are used throughout to illustrate best practice.
We go beyond traditional telco thinking, allowing participants to:
- assess current trends in telecoms technologies; identifying and analysing those technologies that present a solid basis for growth and development – but focusing primarily on Fixed Broadband opportunities
- recognise significant developments within the competitive environment – providing an opportunity to mitigate risk and develop technology initiatives that keeps the organisation ahead
Based on Real Data and Analysis:
Discussions are partly based on real data from the Informa Telecoms & Media (ITM) research team – the leading provider of business intelligence to global telecoms and media markets. With 65 analysts, researchers and journalists across 14 countries, the aim is to provide actionable, strategic advice and forecasts on all aspects of converging mobile, fixed, entertainment and IT markets. ITM Customers include major blue-chip vendors, operators, and regulators in addition to key players from the financial and content communities.
Outcomes and Competency Development
The delegate will be better able to:
- Engage more effectively in discussions on the organisation’s technology roadsmap in terms of broadband technology adoption and development
- Help ensure key technology initiatives are given the right focus and resources to maximise value creation
- More confidently assess and analyse:
- the overall impact of new broadband technologies
- Deployment Options
- Convergence Options
- Identify the key technology initiatives and business opportunities that the telco should focus on to maximise ROI
- Contribute more effectively to their specific areas of operation, with a greater degree of innovation and commercial acumen
- Coordinate business initiatives with a more holistic approach, taking full account of the capabilities and advantages that broadband technology delivers
- Work more effectively with other functions within the organisation through a greater understanding of broadband capabilities