Certified Small Cells Radio Planning and Optimisation
A comprehensive and detailed look at small cells technologies, deployment and planning techniques. During the introduction sections of this 3 day programme, small cells categories and classifications are defined and various used cases are described including the small cell as part of the heterogeneous network. The market for small cells is explored quoting from the work being carried out by the Small Cell Forum. After a quick overview of LTE, small cells utilised in an LTE network is covered including CSG and Home eNB, as well as LTE, small cells may be incorporated into other technologies like UMTS and GSM, these cases are also described.
Indoor and outdoor small cell planning is covered, including the planning and business requirements as well as the technical aspects of planning such as link budgeting and propagation modelling . Perhaps one of the most challenging facets of small cell system is managing interference, here various interference cases will be described along with methods for avoiding interference.
Finally, parameter setting and optimisation for small cells will be presented, including PCI, ANR, PRACH configuration and mobility management
Outcomes and Competency Development
Participants will develop or be able to:
- Effectively plan small cell systems
- Contribute much more effectively to planning and performance management for small cell systems
- Evaluate implementation options for indoor and outdoor small cell networks
- Fully understand the link budgeting and propagation modelling for small cells
- Develop solutions for small cells and the impact on system capacity and performance
- A solid foundation in small cell technologies and planning
- Understand and implement interference management techniques for small cell systems
- Perform link budgets and propagation modeling for indoor and outdoor small cell networks
- Make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.