Cloud for Telecoms
This programme provides a comprehensive overview of cloud services and technology and explains in detail what it means for both the cloud services provider (including established telecoms operators) and the customer. We start with the concepts and features of cloud services before looking at the underlying technology and architecture that underpins the cloud, as well as the business drivers / issues facing businesses and consumers when migrating to the cloud.
The features and benefits of the cloud are then considered in more detail, highlighting the opportunities for telecoms operators as cloud service providers, the business models available, the likely position within the value chain, implementation options and the foundations on which the telecoms operator’s secure cloud services can be built – including access technologies, security, trust, billing, pricing customer relationship, IT infrastructure, device management, integration with other services, and partnerships.
Services and deployment models are explored and discussed in sufficient depth to enable participants to assess the full implications and impact on the wider network from both a cloud service user and cloud service provider perspective – including capacity and Quality of Service.
Current implementation and deployments options are illustrated with real-life case studies to ensure participants have the full picture.
Outcomes and Competency Development
Participants will develop or be able to:
- Contribute much more effectively to discussions and development of the cloud implementation / strategy within their own organisation.
- Evaluate implementation options for secure and reliable cloud service offerings, including technology options and deployment..
- Fully understand the technology requirements for cloud services and the demands placed on both the wider core network and the access.
- Develop solutions in a way that is consistent with the wider requirements of the organisation.
- A solid foundation on which to further develop their competencies and knowledge of cloud computing
- Confidence to contribute to the development of commercially viable customer solutions.
- Introduction to the Cloud
- Service Models
- Migration to the Cloud
- The role of the Telecoms Operator
- The Telecoms Cloud Market Place