Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.1
This Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS), Instructor Led course covers key standards and concepts from DOCSIS 1.x through to 3.1. It provides hands-on DOCSIS experience and establishes important foundational knowledge needed for configuring bi-directional channel bonded services and other advanced-service features. While examples of implementing DOCSIS services on the Cisco cBR-8 may be used in this course, most of the learning experiences also apply to other CMTS platforms. The current DOCSIS 3.1 specification supports speeds of 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) in the downstream and 1 Gbps upstream. The course includes lab activities and/or demonstrations to reinforce the key learning objectives.
Following are the strongly recommended prerequisites for this cable training course:
- Students should have knowledge and experience with the Cisco IOS Command Line Interface (CLI)
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy CMTS platforms and associated equipment.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- Cable Operator Network Operation Center personnel
- System Engineer/ Integrator/ Solutions support personnel
- Channel partners, resellers
You will learn the DOCSIS 3.1 architecture, deployment best practices, migration strategies, security features, and identify key configuration tasks.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe RF Networking Concepts when applied to the MSO environment
- Explain and observe DOCSIS modem registration
- Identify the current DOCSIS 3.0 technology and deployment as the foundation for DOCSIS 3.1 downstream channel bonding
- Use lessons learned from earlier worldwide channel bonding deployments to describe how DOCSIS 3.1 channel bonding enables additional advanced services
- Describe the component parts of the DOCSIS 3.1 specification set and explain the primary aspects in functional block-diagram form
- Explain modular and integrated CMTS concepts and how they relate to DOCSIS 3.1
- Relate channel bonding terms and acronyms to available Cisco cBR-8 downstream channel bonding hardware and software releases
- Use new Cisco cBR-8 features and featurettes for best system performance in mixed DOCSIS 1.x/2.0/3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 channel-bonded environments
- Identify necessary third-party DOCSIS 3.1 components such as the Symmetricon DTI server and gain knowledge necessary to recognize the role of any third-party components in a customer’s design