Datacoms for Telecoms Professionals
Register 4 weeks before the course and save €270
This 4-day training course will give you a deep understanding of IP technology and its use in modern data/telecommunication networks. The programme includes practical demonstrations, exercises, configuration details, and traffic analysis.
The course explores IP technology and networking in detail, including a thorough analysis of emerging technologies in the fields of fixed, mobile and wireless systems.
Configuration, addressing, routing, Quality of Service, VoIP, security, AAA, and access techniques are all explained and analysed. IP technology within existing and emerging mobile networks (including GPRS and UMTS), is examined, focusing on the move to the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and the use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) as a means of delivering multi-media services efficiently, effectively, and with the right Quality of Service.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this detailed 4-day programme and you will be able to:
- Identify five applications for IP technology and the requirements of an effective IP Network
- Analyse the route through an IP network, describe 3 IP addressing mechanisms and list the differences between TCP and UDP protocols
- Identify the key differences between IPv4 and IPv6
- Understand the mechanism for maintaining QoS in specific applications
- Evaluate underlying transport networks
- Discuss potential security risks and how these can be minimised, and explain the operation of standard AAA
Through the use of practical exercises you will be able to:
- Use software tools to analyse IP-based protocols and networks
- Configure routers and analyse their performance
- Configure servers in a SIP VoIP network, establish and analyse VoIP call sequences and traffic
- Add Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting functions to an IP network
- Configure a WLAN access point in a network and analyse its operation when clients associate and use network resources
- Protocol Suite Overview
- IP and Data Networks
- IP Telephony and VoIP
- IP in the Mobile Network
- Security and AAA
- Wireless LAN and other Access Technologies
Who Should Attend this Course?
A basic understanding of IP technology would be an advantage for anyone wishing to attend this 4-day programme.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144