Developing the Digital Services Opportunity
Historically telecoms operators have focused on maximising revenues and profits from traditional telco services – voice, SMS and “data”. With growth in these areas stagnating and to capitalise on changing customer expectations, service providers now need to embrace the opportunity provided by emerging digital services and capabilities across the Telecoms and Media market.
Although such services are currently in their infancy, they will provide a significant new source of revenues and profits in the longer term, enabling operators to build sustainable competitive advantage, maximise their return on network investment and diversity their business models way from networks into the digital services space.
To capture new digital service opportunities, operators need to develop strategies in a range of areas, including but not limited to: Over the Top (OTT) Services, Machine to Machine (M2M) and Industry Verticals, Cloud Services, Content and Entertainment, Premium Video, Payments and e-Money and Advertising.
This programme examines the major trends and developments within the digital services arena, highlighting the opportunities for telecommunications operators and their customers. We set out the role of the telco as well as the key enablers for success – including the technologies, platforms and partnerships that need to be adopted. Data from the Informa Telecoms & Media Research Team is used throughout to back up the ideas and to put concrete evidence into the equations and discussions.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- Develop their knowledge of which digital services opportunities can be monetised and which are likely to generate a high level of ROI or competitive advantage in the medium– to long term
- Assess and analyse the big-picture impact of new digital services on the customer and the telco – including in the context of emerging B2C, B2B and B2B2C business models
- Engage and contribute more effectively to the organisation’s future development to ensure digital services initiatives are underpinned with key enablers, including technologies, platforms, people & partnerships
- Develop solutions that are aligned with both business and customer requirements
- Identify key platforms, technologies and features that maximise the emerging business environment
Evaluate the major implementation options for key digital services
- Critically assess the initiatives of other operators in their approach to digital services development around the world
- Gain confidence to make decisions on digital services implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organisation
- Strengthen their position with partners and vendors through a more commercially-confident approach
- Contribute more effectively to their specific areas of operation, with a greater degree of innovation and commercial acumen
- Work more effectively with other functions within the organisation through a greater understanding of the requirements and enablers required for successful implementation of new digital services and business initiatives.