Diploma in LTE & Advanced Communications
Long Term Evolution is hugely significant as the next major piece of the technology jigsaw, and both operators and vendors need people with a thorough knowledge of the commercial and technical issues surrounding its development and deployment in order to maximise its potential for their organisation. The modular nature of this programme makes it suitable for a variety of job roles.
The next major development in mobile networks, will for many, be represented by the 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology. LTE will present new commercial and technological challenges for vendors, operators, regulators and service providers.
Who would benefit from this programme?
This programme would suit anyone in the telecommunications industry who requires a detailed understanding of the LTE concept, the challenges in its deployment and an insight into the current market position.
The programme is designed to give you a detailed understanding of Long Term Evolution, and through its modular structure allows for a good degree of specialisation. The mandatory modules cover key topics such as the LTE Core Network, LTE Air Interface and Services and Applications for LTE. The elective modules allow you to tailor your programme to suit you and your organisation’s needs. Module options include a variety of topics including LTE Radio Planning, Marketing LTE Services, and Alternative non-3GPP Access Technologies.
The mandatory modules ensure that you develop a deep knowledge of the key technology topics surrounding Long Term Evolution.
- Introduction to LTE and 4G Wireless
- The LTE Air Interface
- Delivering Advanced Services
- The LTE Core Network (Evolved Packet Core)
Optional Modules (Students to select 5)
The selection of five of the following optional modules allows you customise your programme to match your needs and those of your organisation.
- LTE Radio Network Planning
- Maximising Perfomance and Efficiency
- Managing Services, PCC and Billing
- Traffic Engineering, QoS and MPLS in IP Networks
- Operating Effectively
- Marketing Telecoms and Digital Services
- Technology Transformation: Virtualisation, Cloud and Convergence
- Project Management in Telecoms
- Connected TV – Internet Protocol for Television Transmission
- Finance for Telecoms Professionals
The course is modular in format. Depending on the study option selected, students follow four core modules, and then choose five from a range of elective modules – enabling them to effectively customise the programme to their job function, the company requirement, or their area of interest.
Students will be awarded an internationally recognised University Cerificate if they complete the Standard or Bridging Diploma options (see below for details).
- Standard Diploma (9 Modules) – Students study 4 core modules plus 5 optional modules
- Bridging – Foundation and Diploma (9 Modules) – Students study the Foundation in Telecoms plus EITHER the Diploma in LTE and Advanced Communications OR the Diploma in Telecoms Business
Studying 9 modules over 9 months and complete the associated assessments and you will qualify for a University Certificate (Level 4)
About University of Derby Corporate
The University of Derby Corporate (UDC) is the Business to Business division of the University of Derby. UDC are working with a wide variety of organisations to develop and deliver work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that support organisational improvement in areas such as customer service, innovation, leadership and management. Combining academic rigour and commercial experience, the University of Derby Corporate develop relevant and robust solutions that enable businesses to achieve progress through people.