Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma (5-Day Mini MBA)
From the provider of the Telecoms Mini MBA, this advanced level programme provides the next step in creating business strategy and competitive advantage in a dynamic environment.
This demanding and comprehensive programme, part of the University-accredited Advanced Telecoms Management Series, gives participants the tools to make a solid strategic appraisal of the changes taking place in the Telecoms & Media industry and to develop appropriate strategies to enable telecoms organisations to deliver value in future. Participants apply new concepts and ideas to a realistic business simulation throughout the course, and can relate these to their own organisations and functions using the unique Post-programme Implementation Plan.
Successful completion of this programme will enable you to build effective medium- and long-term business strategies by:
- IDENTIFYING the key sources of strategic value
- ANALYSING the main strategic technology, market and business models
- EVALUATING the impact of industry trends
- DETERMINING and developing organisational and ecosystem wide sources of sustainable competitive advantage
- IDENTIFYING innovative strategic customer segments
- ASSESSING key risks to strategy
“Value of course greatly enhanced by turbulent times in which we live. Sound strategic planning was never needed more than now” NM, CESG
Outcomes and Competency Development
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key sources of strategic value to communications and related organisations
- Analyse the main strategic technology, market and business model trends prevalent in the converged communications industry
- Evaluate the impact of these trends on service provider strategic positioning in the broader communications industry
- Use strategic analysis skills to identify a sustainable ecosystem position for a communications organisation
- Assess the suitability and viability of strategic business models and evaluate the strategic financing options available for a communications player
- Assess the financial implications of strategic decisions
- Determine how to optimise the funding of strategic choices
- Outline new corporate KPIs required to implement new strategic objectives
- Design cross-functional KPIs that are fully-aligned corporate KPIs
- Determine and develop organisational and ecosystem-wide sources of sustainable competitive advantage
- Identify innovative strategic customer segments and develop a long-term positioning for these customers
- Assess key risks to strategy in the rapidly evolving communications environment and develop an appropriate response
- Articulate a clear strategic vision and plan for a communications organisation
- Discover their own leadership style and develop innovative thinking capabilities
- Develop a solid strategic analysis skill set and strategic negotiation and decision-making capabilities
- Become more confident in their contribution to strategic debate at senior level
- Work with senior professionals from different backgrounds to enhance strategic decision-making and knowledge-sharing skills
- Communicate complex strategic plans clearly to different audiences
The Effective Telecoms Strategies Programme
This programme is very interactive in nature and, structured around a series of presentations and discussion forums. It has been designed to allow a good balance of knowledge and skills transfer, networking, creative thinking, and strategic business analysis.
Real life examples and case studies are used throughout in order to maximise the relevance of the business analysis, and to help identify best business practice.
Day 1: Strategic Thinking – Your Strategy Tool Box How to use your strategy tools to explore future options for your company. Apply these tools to the Business Simulation and try them out.
- Day 2: The Market Reality – Explore the latest research from Informa Telecoms & Media How does the future telecoms business environment impact your strategic options? How will you fund your strategic growth and what are the financial implications of your strategic decisions? Develop a strategic plan for the Business Simulation.
Day 3: Implementing the Strategy – Manage change to implement your strategy eHow to manage change within your organisation to implement your strategic plan. Develop new KBIs/KPIs for the Business Simulation.
Day 4: Making it Sustainable – Lift your organisation above the competition Create and sustain competitive advantage for long-term success – what are our internal and external sources of competitive advantage? Explore the impact of major risks to organisational strategy and techniques for dealing with risk. Apply concepts to further develop your strategic plans for the Business Simulation.
- Day 5: Communicating the Strategy – Complete your strategic plan and present your ‘Bid’ With every aspect considered, fine tune your strategy – The business simulation runs throughout the week, applying the concepts and tools from the programme ina rigorous and structured manner, delegates develop their strategic analysis, strategy formulation and thinking skills to the highest level. Includes Post-programme Implementation Plan
Who should attend this course?
This programme has been designed for mid-senior managers, future managers and specialists in telecommunications and related industries to develop effective telecom business strategies – equipping them to steer their organisations more effectively through a high risk environment.
If you have previously completed a Telecoms Mini MBA programmes (standard, marketing or technology version), this programme is an ideal complimentary programme that focuses on developing strategic direction.
Advanced Telecoms Management Series
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series is an integrated series of advanced business programmes designed to meet the learning development needs of forward looking telecoms professionals and organisations. This series includes the Telecoms Mini MBA, which has been attended by over 5,000 industry professionals from across the world.
Enhance your career with a formally recognised University Qualification.
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series, including the Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma is undergoing accreditation by the University of Derby Corporate. Successful completion of this programme will not only enable you to join the 5,000 executives worldwide who have benefited from an Advanced Telecoms Management Series, but you’ll also be awarded credit points towards a recognised University qualification.
Combine these credit points with those gained by completing another Advanced Telecoms Management Programme along with a work based project, using the Competency Development Journal, and you will be awarded a Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management.
What qualifications is on offer?
The successful completion of Telecoms Academy’s Advanced Telecoms Management Series programmes enables you to have the opportunity to study for:
Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management –successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments along with a work based project
For more information contact us on: +44 (0)20 7017 4144 or email: email@example.com.
About University of Derby Corporate
The University of Derby Corporate (UDC) is the Business to Business division of the University of Derby. UDC are working with a wide variety of organisations to develop and deliver work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that support organisational improvement in areas such as customer service, innovation, leadership and management. Combining academic rigour and commercial experience, the University of Derby Corporate develop relevant and robust solutions that enable businesses to achieve progress through people.