Finance for Telecoms Professionals
More than ever in today’s business environment, management decisions made at all levels of an telecommunications business need to be supported by a sound understanding of the financial implications to the business and the importance of justifying Return on Investment.
This programme has been developed to familiarise the delegate with the key concepts of finance and accounting in a telecoms environment and will provide them with the knowledge and competencies required to prepare and present budgets with conviction. Straight forward and no-nonsense, in just four days of intensive training, participants will learn practical financial skills, that will enable them to make informed and commercially viable management decisions, get straight to the heart of financial issues, demystify financial information and give them complete assurance and control when making financial decisions.Working in small teams throughout the programme, delegates will expand their knowledge, skills and confidence in all of the key financial competency areas including; the contents and implications of the balance sheet, cash flow and income statement. Quickly developing financial understanding and how informed decisions can influence the organisation’s financial performance.
Delegates will also realise the importance of EBITDA, cash and profit, the links to the businesses strategies and tactics and the most relevant financial ratios in the telecoms industry. The incorporated Business and Financial Review simulation confirms the delegates promised impact on financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting in their departments by benchmarking the results of their business against the World Telecoms Financial Benchmarks provided by Informa Telecoms and Media.
Contact our training specialist on:
Outcomes and Competency Development
- Complete this highly practical course and you will be able to:Critically examine and interpret key financial information including the importance of measuring the impact of marketing activities and establishing the return on investment of business decisions.
- The ability to confidently assess return on investment for potential capital and operational expenditures and understand the differences between cash flow, revenue and capital budgets to optimise your use of working capital.
- Appreciate the human aspect of budgeting, assess the economic viability and commercial profitability of projects through investment appraisal and analyse variances in budgets able to take remedial action in order to better manage budget, staff and project resources.
- Champion the cause of cost cutting and improving profits, establish clear goals, quickly and consistently, implement and effectively measure and understand your financial results and those of your competitors.
- Distinguish between short-term and long-term financial decisions and enhance your decision-making skills by integrating financial management concepts into your thinking
- Be able to appreciate cash-flow, sunken costs and profit and how they are managed and be able to develop forecasts and monitor and control costs and improve revenue and ROI.
- Prepare break-even analyses for business plans, new projects and boardroom presentations and prepare, perform and present more confidently in a financial environment.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144