ICT, Unified Communications and Digital Services
Implementing the next wave of opportunities within the telecoms sector, requires a deeper understanding of the wider concepts and features of ICT (Information Communications Technology), and in particular, how those concepts are used as the foundation for operators to offer Unified Communication Services and a range of Digital Services – including cloud-based services, enterprise, M2M, wholesale, content and entertainment, advertising, and payments.
This programme examines the major trends and developments within the unified communications and digital services arena, highlighting the opportunities for telecommunications operators and their customers. We set out the role of the telco as well as the key enablers for success – including the technologies, platforms and partnerships that need to be adopted. Implementation options are discussed and deployment issues explored.
Although such services are currently in their infancy, they will provide a significant new source of revenues and profits in the longer term, enabling operators to build sustainable competitive advantage, maximise their return on network investment and diversity their business models way from networks into the digital services space.
Data from the Informa Telecoms & Media Research Team is used throughout to back up the ideas and to put concrete evidence into the equations and discussions.
Outcomes and Competency Development, Participants will be able to:
- Engage and contribute more effectively to the organisation’s future development of ICT-based services to ensure unified communications and digital services initiatives are underpinned with key enablers, including technologies, platforms, people & partnerships
- Assess and analyse the big-picture impact of ICT techniques and features applied to both unified communications and digital services – including in the context of emerging B2C, B2B and B2B2C business models
- Develop their knowledge of ICT, Unified Communications and Digital Services, identifying opportunities that can be monetised and which are likely to generate a high level of ROI or competitive advantage in the medium– to long term
- Evaluate the major implementation options for key ICT-based services – and develop solutions that are aligned with both business and customer requirements
- Identify and assess key platforms, technologies and features that maximise the emerging business environment
- Gain confidence to make decisions on implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organisation
- Contribute more effectively to their specific areas of operation, with a greater degree of innovation and commercial acumen
- Work more effectively with other functions within the organisation through a greater understanding of the requirements and enablers required for successful implementation of new services and business initiatives.