IP in Modern Networks
Attend this two-day training course to gain a clear understanding of IP technology and its use in modern data / telecoms networks.
During the programme the requirements for an effective IP Network will be explored, followed by a detailed analysis of existing and emerging technologies and systems. The use of IP in both fixed and mobile networks (including GPRS and UMTS), IP applications, addressing, routing, Quality of Service, security, AAA and VoIP are all explained.
Although the course concentrates primarily on the core network, access techniques are also examined giving you a good overall view of the converging world of modern communications and it’s supporting technology.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this highly regarded two-day technology programme and you will be able to:
- Identify five major requirements for an effective IP network
- Describe IP Addressing mechanisms
- List the capabilities of Routers, Bridges, Repeaters and Hubs
- Diagrammatically represent the TCP/IP Protocol stack and discuss the differences between TCP and UDP Protocols
- Identify the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- Discuss the type of applications that may be provided by IP technologies
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of various underlying transport networks
- Identify the mechanisms that ensure QoS
- List the potential security risks, the steps to minimise these and scenarios where AAA techniques should be used
- Identify four distinct access technologies capable of carrying IP traffic.
- Protocol Suite Overview
- IP and Data Networks
- IP Network Operation
- IP Telephony and VoIP
- IP in the Mobile Network
- Security and AAA
- Wireless LAN and Other Access Technologies
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course would suit technical and non-technical staff looking to gain a good grounding in the role of IP in modern telecoms networks. No previous knowledge is required.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144