LTE Drive Testing and Performance Evaluation
Designed for LTE radio engineers and optimisers, this 5 day programme covers in depth the requirements and objectives of drive test based network testing and tuning, including hands on with network analysis tools and log files.
The course will initially explain the purpose of drive testing and detail the preparation required for effective network testing, covering the test equipment required for drive testing and the setup and configuration of the equipment. The careful selection of drive test routes and determining the objective of testing as well as interpreting and analysing the results is also covered.
Using typical drive test tools (e.g. TEMS) RRC and Layer 3 signalling log files will be examined for the most common scenarios encountered, including initial registration and default bearer establishment, session control and handovers as well as RRC processes of RRC connection setup, release and modification.
Network KPIs are central to determining specific or general performance of the LTE system and 3GPP defines many of the typical KPIs, the primary of these will be explained in the context of the drive test and network tuning and will include both accessibility, retainability and integrity metrics.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- A solid foundation on which to develop knowledge of LTE network testing and tuning.
- Skills to efficiently perform LTE network testing and performance analysis.
- Recognise and develop best-practice for performance optimization.
- Confidence to recognize LTE performance issues and perform trouble shooting
- Knowledge to thoroughly understand the signalling processes within the LTE access network and to follow those processes in drive test log files.
- Use 3GPP KPIs to measure LTE network performance
- Familiarity with typical drive test equipment and test tools.
- Evaluate log files and recognise performance issues.
- Suggest changes to network parameters to resolve performance problems
The Benefits to the Organisation Include:
- A comprehensive and coherent workshop that builds knowledge and skills of the network testing and engineering personnel of the organization.
- Develops technical clarity and unity throughout the engineering teams and within the functional teams
- Delivered by Informa Telecoms Academy – with extensive experience of training tier 1 and 2 operators and vendors worldwide, and with insights from the Informa and Ovum analysts
- Experts who are full time training professionals – and very experienced in delivering short, hard hitting seminars and workshops for forward looking organisation, and as part of the Informa Telecoms & Media exhibition / conference agendas.
- Enables individuals and teams to recognise and develop best-practice across the organisation - and have the confidence to share; and to make decisions that are focused, balanced, and fully grounded .
- Strengthens the foundation on which to develop a more innovative environment that fully embraces emerging opportunities and creative thinking