Mobile Networks Explained
Mobile Networks Explained is a two-day foundation course that by explaining a modern mobile network from end to end will provide your with a clear understanding of mobile network technology and operations.
You will cover all aspects of mobile networks including services and applications, transmission and switching technologies, control, signalling and networking, as well as mobile network operation and techniques.
During this highly interactive course, your learning experience will be enhanced throughout the course with delegates building a model of a typical network through exercises and discussion.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this enjoyable two-day foundation programme and you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and requirements of modern cellular networks
- Identify the differences between methods used to ensure efficient use of radio spectrum
- Describe the basic architecture of a cellular system
- Identify network elements in a 3G UMTS network
- Confidently describe the principles of operation of roaming, billing, IN/CAMEL services and location-based services
- Discuss the technologies that provide the building blocks of a mobile network (transmission, switching, signalling and Ccontrol and networking)
- Name the functions supported by OSS, BSS and Network Management
- Understand the role mobile Internet is playing
- Explain the importance of handset design
- Understand how the market place is influencing cellular network technologies.
- Introducing Mobile Networks
- Radio and Cellular Principles
- The User Experience (Services, Applications and Handsets)
- The GSM and GPRS Network Infrastructure
- Procedures and Operation
- Network Building Blocks
- Supporting Systems
- A Typical Network – Bringing it all Together
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course will suit non-technical staff and technical staff who are new to the telecoms industry looking for a thorough introduction to all technology used to build and run a modern cellular network.
This is a foundation level course and assumes no prior knowledge.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144