Next Generation and Converged Billing
A next generation billing system is an essential enabler for forward-looking telecoms operators. The business opportunities presented by digital services, convergence, content and partnerships mean operators are transforming their core network environments to support much more flexible and capable service provision. Billing architectures, platforms and processes are at the heart of this transformation – but a complete understanding of how billing supports the wider service environment, is needed to ensure investment is maximised, and the developing business models are supported as effectively as possible.
This programme explores next generation billing systems in some detail, including on-line and off-line systems; billing architectures; processes; revenue flows; the home and roaming scenarios (for mobile); postpaid and pre-paid; billing in the IMS and 4G/IP-based networks for Voice over IP (VoIP); and billing KPIs. We also cover how billing is part of the wider service delivery environment that includes Policy Control, Quality of Service mechanisms, Convergence, Carrier Billing, Revenue Assurance and its potential use with Big Data solutions. Billing as part of the wider BSS (Business Support System) environment and the TM Forum eTOM and Frameworx initiatives is explored, as well as a ITIL and ITAAS.
The programme is designed to allow participants to fully assess the requirements and steps required to efficiently transition to next generation billing within their own organisation; to fill in the gaps for a more holistic view of future billing systems; or to better understand the evolving systems that support digital services, convergence, content and partnerships.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- Evaluate implementation options for next generation billing systems
- A deep understanding of billing architectures, processes and systems – as well as the KPIs used to evaluate performance
- Advise on the deployment of advanced billing systems as part of the evolving core network and service delivery environments
- Contribute much more effectively to planning activities centred on billing systems and the integration of billing into the wider set of core network support technologies
- Develop solutions in a much more holistic manner – ensuring deployment options take account of associated system integration with IP infrastructure, PCC, IMS, and QoS mechanisms – for both voice services, including Voice over IP (VoIP), and Data
- A solid understanding of the different billing system requirements and scenarios – including on-line and off-line systems; single and converged architectures; pre and post paid support; home network and roaming scenarios; and partnerships
- Make decisions on implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.
- Introduction to Billing Systems
- Billing Processes for Mobile Networks
- Billing Techniques
- Introduction to CDRs
- Billing Process Framework (eTOM)
- Revenue Flows
- Revenue Assurance
- Billing Architecture
- Making the Transition to Next Generation billing
- Convergent Billing
- Billing and the IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Policy Control
- KPIs for Billing
- Using Billing & OSS/BSS Service Data