OSS/BSS Systems & Platforms
Attend this programme and you will gain a good understanding of Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) solutions used within the modern Telecommunications industry. An overview of current and emerging systems as well as the enabling technologies is given, together with current industry trends and an assessment of major equipment manufacturers and their key market areas.
Procedures and organizational requirements are explored in both OSS and BSS areas, with due regard to the supporting infrastructure and IT requirements. The architecture and software platforms currently installed within network operators will be discussed and analysed, and a comparison made between them.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this highly regarded 1-day technology programme and you will be able to:
- Understand modern telecommunications and the role that OSS / BSS plays
- Identify eight key areas for which current OSS / BSS systems provide support within a modern Telco
- Represent diagrammatically a typical OSS architecture
- Explain the relevance of the TMF, eTOM and NGOSS to the development of OSS / BSS
- Evaluate current and future OSS / BSS solutions, giving strengths and weaknesses in each case
- List four major OSS / BSS equipment manufacturers, together with their main product areas in each case
- Telecommunications – Setting the scene for OSS and BSS
- OSS & BSS – an Overview
- Focus on OSS
- Focus on BSS
- Products and Key Opportunities within OSS/BSS
Who Should Attend this Course?
This one day course assumes no prior knowledge and will give your technical and non technical staff a good introduction to the capabilities and requirements of OSS/BSS systems.