Radio Access for IoT/M2M Systems
IoT is often heralded as the “next big thing” for both operators and associated industries, with predictions frequently quoting that there will be over 50 billion connected devices by 2020. However in order to cost effectively address the scale of the potential market it is important that there are industry standards established to support all elements of the IoT/M2M ecosystem.
This 2 day training programme will focus on standards activity in the realm of radio access. There are already a number of competing technologies that may be suitable for the many and various IoT applications, however they will need to meet the low power/low cost/short and long range requirements of a typical IoT service. This training will provide an over view of the existing and proposed technologies, from WiFi based radio access to 3GPP Release 13 proposals of NB-LTE and LTE-M.
Amongst other issues that must be considered for IoT deployments are spectrum availability and suitability, and the activities of the regulators in supporting this. Security for massively deployed IoT/M2M systems is also a concern for the operators and will be reviewed in this programme.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- A solid foundation on which to develop strategic process for supporting IoT.
- Contribute more effectively to strategic direction-setting or implementation.
- Recognise and develop best-practice across the organisation - and have the confidence to share and replicate
- Confidence to initiate, guide and direct “telco” business models and transformation in the realm of IoT and M2M.
- Fully understand the technology options for IoT radio access.
- Develop a more innovative environment that embraces opportunities, creative thinking
- Evaluate new initiatives holistically – with full regard for the customer proposition, competitive environment, support requirements, and costs.
- Evaluate new radio access technologies and understand the applicability to various use cases
The Benefits to the Organisation Include:
- A comprehensive and coherent programme detailing the technology landscape for machine type communications allowing for a greater understanding of the technologies and implications for business.
- Develops clarity and unity throughout the organisation and within the functional teams
- Delivered by Informa Telecoms Academy – with extensive experience of training tier 1 and 2 operators and vendors worldwide, and with insights from the Informa and Ovum analysts
- Experts who are full time training professionals – and very experienced in delivering short, hard hitting seminars and workshops for forward looking organisation, and as part of the Informa Telecoms & Media exhibition / conference agendas.
- Enables individuals and teams to recognise and develop best-practice across the organisation - and have the confidence to share; and to make business decisions that are focused, balanced, and fully grounded in business reality.
- Strengthens the foundation on which to develop a more innovative environment that fully embraces emerging IoT and M2M opportunities and creative thinking