Radio Planning & Optimisation Engineers Boot Camp
This programme develops the knowledge and competencies required for the efficient planning and optimisation of modern cellular radio networks in both single and complex multi-RAT (Radio access Technology) environments. It covers topics ranging from the major principles and techniques that underpin modern cellular radio planning through to the latest radio technologies and the techniques required for the efficient planning and optimisation of advanced radio networks based on advanced modulation schemes and changing customer requirements.
The programme is designed specifically for those working as radio planning engineers or technical managers. It focuses squarely on the issues affecting professionals in these and related roles and delivers the knowledge and competencies needed to plan radio networks as effectively as possible.
We review current planning and optimisation techniques in order to set the context for in-depth discussion and evaluation of advanced techniques and options currently seen in the industry. The focus is on effectively planning for the increasingly complex mix of radio technologies, spectrum usage, and network strategies that operators are adopting in order to efficiently deliver high speed multi-media access to the customer – including capacity issues, HSPA / HASPA +, LTE, Femtocells, WiFi Offload, and a range of usage scenarios. Cost per Megabyte is fully analysed.
Radio planning and optimisation professionals will finish the programme much better equipped to plan efficient radio networks in an increasingly complex and diverse environment.
At the end of this course participants will develop or be able to:
- Better plan an efficient radio network in an increasingly complex radio environment – making best use of spectrum and available radio technology to fully meet the needs of the organisation and to evaluate and minimise the cost per Megabyte
- Contribute much more effectively to decisions and discussions centred around radio planning and optimisation – increasing their own value to the department and the organisation
- Evaluate more rigorously the different scenarios and planning options for alternative and emerging radio technologies, systems and strategies
- Fully understand the planning requirements and likely technology scenarios of future radio networks, including the drivers for radio technology integration and the solutions required
- Plan and optimise networks in a more informed manner, helping to de-risk investment choices whilst delivering the required capacity and coverage
- A solid foundation of knowledge and competencies, enabling innovative thinking and building confidence
- Make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy of the organization