Retail Selling Techniques for the Telecoms Industry
Retail selling in a Telecoms environment has long been one of the most competitive sales environments and the competition only continues to increase. It is vital that telecoms operators make the most of all marketing spend and of every customer by giving retail sales staff the skills and confidence to professionally manage, control and close sales including complex digital and ICT new line products and to ensure repeat business.
This workshop provides Telecoms operators with a broad spectrum of retail selling skills, which are essential in creating business in a retail environment. Learn to sell effectively in a relaxed, common-sense manner without resorting to gimmicks and high pressure, rushed sales decisions. Throughout this workshop we present the results of consumer research to give unparalleled insight into what customers really want. From these insights we equip the Telecoms Retail Sales Consultant with skills necessary to close more sales and build repeat business. The theory is then combined with practical examples to provide an excellent framework for the diligent Telecoms Retail Sales Consultant to enhance their career.
This 2 day Telecoms Retail Sales training course will help participants, sell more, discount less, handle ‘price shoppers’ and close sales more consistently on a daily basis. The programme provides PACE-enabled training to maximise both competency development and confidence with specific elements that boost Preparation, Application, Consolidation and the overall Experience / Engagement. Participants will develop and refine a sale development process customised to their role and aligned to best practice within the company and the Telecoms industry.
Outcomes and Competency Development
Some of the tools the delegate will be able to implement immediately:
- Learn to create a great first impression
- Learn to greet constructively & create a personal connection
- Ask effective questions to better understand client needs better
- Master active listening techniques
- Learn to control the sale & lead a customer to becoming a buyer
- Learn effective techniques for minimising & negating the need to discount
- Learn cross selling and upselling
- Recognise what makes people buy and how they select a supplier
- Appreciate the principles of selling and have practice the key skills involved
- Be aware of body language and its impact
- Learn the difference between needs and wants and how to create them
- Use a framework which ensures efficient communication
- Develop rapport & create warmth & openness
- Learn simple and professional ways of handling price shoppers
- Understand master and implement sales psychology techniques
- Increase your average $ dollar per sale.
- Describe how to close a sale, generate extra business and learned how to build a good long
- term customer relationship
Who Should Attend
This programme has been designed to enable mid level to senior sales staff, future managers and specialists in telecommunications and related industries to develop and implement long-term sales strategies to deliver future business value to organisations and their stakeholders. Delegate job titles include:
- Sales Executives and Consultants
- Heads of Departments
- Sales Managers
- Sales Directors
- Pre-Sales Staff
- Contract Negotiators
- Sales Support Staff