Strategic Account Planning
This intensive workshop covers the essential knowledge needed to best enhance the profitability of the accounts you manage. You will leave the training with the skills to build long-lasting relationships to improve client retention rates and develop cross and upselling opportunities within new and existing key accounts.
- Focussed on building a company specific “best practice” account development plan customised to each sales role to ensure maximum competency development and engagement.
- Applying concepts of customer focused selling, and asking effective questions to better understand client needs when selling a wide range of complex technical and enterprise solutions to a large existing client.
- Assist Consultants to develop better cross selling and upselling strategies and when to use them as well as master effective techniques for closing the deal; create a powerful tool to help you evaluate your sales pipeline and potential; develop an account development plan; quick wins and tools you can use to help automate the process.
- Highly interactive and participative with practical exercises and work place application running throughout the programme to provide a focus for consolidation and to apply the learning specifically to the business.
- Programme presented as part of the School of Telecoms Management, with over 10,000 managers trained.
This course is designed to provide Sales Consultants, Sales Support and Account Managers with the skills, behaviours and techniques to maximise account profitability including skills to immediately:
- Understand the business drivers that should drive account strategy
- Assess & prioritise each account based on proven frameworks and templates
- Build long-term relationships at all levels within clients’ organisations
- Become a partner and trusted advisor to your account base
- Retain and grow key accounts by strategically aligning with your clients’ businesses
- Improve profit margins of key accounts including upselling, cross selling, partnerships and integrated solutions
- Best practice: Full guide to the current best practice advanced account management
Benefits of attending the training include:
- Financial performance: How to research and determine likely future business objectives
- Environmental analysis: How to evaluate a client’s business environment
- Competitor matrix: Developing a competitor matrix to understand your client’s objectives
- Working out a relationship and communications plan for each of your account
- Relationship levels: Migrating from a tactical to a strategic relationship
- How to create a multi-level influencing strategy for all areas of the clients’ business
- Assessing your client’s organisational culture and adapting to it
- Safeguarding your Account -Building barriers to attack