Telecoms Foundation – Business & Technology
This training course provides an excellent grounding in Modern Telecommunications and has been designed for HR professionals. It gives a solid foundation for those developing or working with training requirements, recruitment, retention, or in other areas of human resources, and covers the current state of the industry (including trends, forecasts and adoption of new technologies), existing and emerging technologies, and the overall business environment.
The main aim of the training is to allow HR professionals to engage with internal departments and individuals with more confidence and to help increase overall credibility and effectiveness of HR policy initiatives. A greater awareness of current trends and forecasts will enhance long term HR planning, potentially reducing costs and building overall value for the organisation.
Why should you attend this course?
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Discuss with confidence the changing role of the telecoms operator in the 21st Century
- Chart the likely evolution of telecommunications and the global trends in services and applications
- Explain the main concepts behind current and future network technologies
- More fully assess the impact of new and existing technologies with the HR function—, including the impact on HR initiatives (including recruitment, training and rewards)
- Understand the changing role of modern Fixed, Mobile and Converged Networks—including the way different technologies will drive change (including 3G and 4G technologies)
- Identify the key drivers for LTE and its likely impact on the industry
- Describe the major support systems used in telecommunication networks – OSS (Operational Support System), BSS (Business Support System), including Billing systems
- Explain the fundamental role of IP and Data Communications in the telecoms operator network and its overall impact
- Understand the relevance of the Internet to telcos and how they connect users to the internet
- Describe the basic features of technologies such as WiFi and WiMAX, and show how they can be seen as both competing and/or complimentary technologies
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144