UMTS Infrastructure & Operation
This 4-day technical programme is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the Architecture, Protocols and Operation of the evolving Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS), this course explains the concepts and implementation of the network in detail.
This in-depth course explores the technology in a logical format, including the Radio Access Network, Core Network, and the required underlying systems. The protocols are examined in depth, with appropriate emphasis on the expanding role of IP and associated protocols in the modern mobile network. Signalling flows are used where necessary to illustrate the operation.
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this enjoyable 4-day technical programme and you will be able to:
- Describe the overall UMTS architecture
- Understand the function and operation of each UMTS Radio Access Network element and Core Network element
- Relate protocols to the relevant interfaces, describing the basic requirements
- Explain the air interface operation along with the capabilities, advantages and requirements of the W-CDMA system
- State the transport protocols used in each point in the network
- Gain a thorough understanding of the requirement, role and advantages of IP in Modern Mobile networks
- Identify the Signalling Protocols used on each major interface, and where relevant illustrate the migration to an underlying IP signalling infrastructure
- Recognise the different addressing and numbering schemes used in UMTS
- 9.Discuss the issues related to implementing UMTS networks and appreciate the possible migration strategies towards the next generation of mobile network
- Evolution to 3G and UMTS Services Overview
- UMTS Architecture
- The Radio Interface
- The UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access Network (UTRAN)
- Core Network Architecture and Protocols
- IP in the Mobile Network
- Security and AAA
- SS7 Functions, Architecture and the Message Transfer Part
- Signalling and Procedures
- The Evolving Signalling Network
- Overall UMTS Procedures and Techniques
- Evolving the UMTS Network>
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course will provide you with a detailed understanding of the infrastructure required in UMTS network and its operation. A basic understanding of GSM/GPRS architecture and procedures would be an advantage.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144