Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
Voice and voice related services for next generation mobile broadband services such as LTE will be managed and delivered over IP based networks. This programme will cover all aspect of IMS and its capabilities in respect of delivering voice services via the LTE network.
The crucial elements of LTE architecture, bearers and QoS are outlined as well the structure and protocol of the IMS. The course participant will learn about the identities and configurations required for the UE and LTE core and IMS in order to provision the LTE voice service.
CS Fallback is an important interim service and this programme will discuss the network requirements to support the fallback solution in both the UE procedure and core network. Interworking between IMS voice and CS voice and various mobility scenarios will also be covered.
Full end-to-end LTE and IMS signalling procedures will be examined, including initial attach and registration, bearer and QoS control and SIP/SDP interaction for various call and non-call related situations.
Participants will develop or be able to:
- An overall comprehension of all strategic and technical issues concerning the implementation of voice over LTE
- Contribute much more effectively to strategic discussions related to the deployment of voice services within LTE
- Evaluate implementation options for VoLTE and CS Fallback solutions
- Fully understand the LTE and IMS signalling procedures for a variety of call scenarios
- Fully understand the QoS and bearer implications for VoLTE
- An understanding of VoLTE performance and capacity
- Confidence to discuss potential issues regarding VoLTE, CSFB implementation
- Make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.
- LTE & IMS, Architecture & Protocols
- VoLTE Signalling
- VoLTE Roaming
- VoLTE Messaging
- IMS Centralised Service & RCS
- VoLTE Performance & Capacity