WiMAX Forum RF Network Engineer Certification™
This intensive four day skills based course for network planners is part of the WiMAX Forum Certified Training Series and covers all the necessary topics to prepare a technical student to take the WiMAX Forum RF Network Engineer ™ certification exam.
The boot camp is structured as 50% tutorial content and 50% hands-on exercises illustrated with case studies. At the end of the course you will have experience of designing the RF network for a sample WiMAX-served community.
At the end of the course, the successful student should have the skills to choose among design tradeoffs for a secure, efficient, high-performance core network.
Why should you attend this course?
Complete this highly practical WiMAX Forum Certified engineering course and you will be able to:
- Understand WiMAX network design options and applications and the fundamentals of RF along with the RF design considerations of WiMAX
- Describe three antenna diversity techniques and describe the operations of two types of MIMO systems and two advanced antenna systems
- Confidently perform a WiMAX link budget
- Understand WiMAX path loss modelling
- Design a frequency reuse plan for a WiMAX network and discuss several reuse proposals for mobile WiMAX networks
- Competently assess WiMAX performance and coverage considerations
- Employ a modelling tool to prepare an RF plan for your network and illustrate the effect of power, terrain, clutter and CPE location on coverage
- Mathematically relate oversubscription and subscriber quality of service and validate vendor design rules for capacity planning
- Take the certification test at the end of the course.
- WiMAX Forum Professional Certification proves that you have the skills to design, install or operate WiMAX networks.
- WiMAX Network Design Options
- Review of RF Fundamentals
- Antennas for WiMAX
- RF Design Considerations for WiMAX
- Performing a WiMAX Link Budget
- WiMAX Path Loss Modelling
- Frequency Reuse in Fixed & Mobile WiMAX Networks
- WiMAX Performance and Coverage Considerations
- WiMAX Coverage & Performance Planning with modelling tools
- Capacity Design & Oversubscription
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course is targeted at students who are planning a WiMAX deployment and need the skills to design the network, balancing the requirements of service quality with minimum capital and operations costs.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel: +44 020 7017 4144