Telecoms Mini MBA (5-Day)
The 5-Day Telecoms Mini MBA, the leading executive 5-day mba training programme for the telecoms industry, has been attended by over 7,500 professionals from 350 companies worldwide. Some of the leading operators, vendors, services, and regulators in the global telecoms industry have sent delegates to the programme.
This 5-Day Mini MBA Programme is highly participative, focusing on real business, technology and industry issues. The programme is designed to give you a critical understanding of the key competency areas required for success within the telecommunications industry – enabling you to make more informed and commercially viable strategic decisions. The business simulation is the vehicle through which we maximise the competency development and ensure ideas on strategic implementation can be tested and appraised.
The programme features more focused technology modules and a greater emphasis on the business aspects of telecoms. The course offers delegates a challenging and rewarding experience that will equip them with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the telecoms industry in 2017 and beyond.
Special Rate: 8-12 May 2017, Johannesburg: £2250 + VAT
“Effective, detailed, well delivered! Absolutley the most specific, hard hitting and ‘to the point’ telecoms training I have ever received” TO, Ericsson
“I learned much in this course. I really enjoyed and learned the best skills for a good leader. Excellent.” NS, Bakcell
Successful completion of the 5 Day Mini MBA programme will bring the following 10 benefits
- Build value and greater efficiency within your organisation through greater innovation
- Practically apply and implement best practice within your own business
- Impact strategic debate at senior level
- Contribute more actively to strategic, technology, financial, management and marketing decisions
- Identify key technologies and fully recognise their impact including limitations, capabilities, implementation options and business opportunities
- Develop new business models and competitive advantage in order to maximise profit and return on investment
- Evaluate and critically appraise your organisation’s position in the market and potential future growth strategies
- Discuss with confidence current and emerging dynamics of the telecoms market
- Effectively communicate confidently complex ideas to ensure consistency throughout the organisation
- Confidently develop strategic business opportunities and make better investment choices
The Telecoms Mini MBA Programme
The course programme will cover module is five topic areas all linked together by the Business Simulation:
- Strategy/Business environment - Sessions that cover up-to-the-minute industry information and analysis. These sessions combine to give a breakdown of where the telecoms industry finds itself, with a compresensive look forward at where it is going, with forecasts and timelines. Factors that affect the operator business model and strategy are covered in detail.
- Technology – No-nonsense sessions which demystify the telecoms network (fixed, mobile and converged). Covering existing and emerging technologies, these modules ensure you are much better equipped to make more confident and commercially grounded decisions and technology choices as your own organisation evolves and grows.
- Finance - Bringing financial considerations into every business activity. A rapid, thorough and uncomplicated look at all the essential financial techniques used in modern telecoms. From making sense of the three principle accounting documents to assessing financial KPIs, these modules provide
- Leadership and management – The essentials of good management and leadership. Comprehensive and focused, these highly practical interactive sessions provide an opportunity to enhance your management and leadership skills, providing a solid foundation to drive change and improve standards in any organisation.
- Marketing/customer focus – Thought provoking sessions that put the customer proposition and experience sharply in focus. From branding to pricing, and segmentation to service offerings, a range of essential customer-focused topic areas are covered, before a broader look at competitive advantage and operating in a competitive market place. The role of the regulator in driving the competitive environment is also looked at in some detail.
- Business Simulation: Island Telco - This unique business simulation helps you develop an integrated approach to successfully operating a telecoms business. It highlights classic industry specific problems and situations which, within small groups, you will be required to solve and develop.
Who should attend this course?
The programme is designed for senior managers, middle managers aspiring for senior roles and directors from all functions within the telecommunications sector.